Main Article Content
The purpose of this article is to evaluate the technology behind intraocular lenses with extended depth of focus, explain how they work, assess their benefits for patients, and summarize our own early experience.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright: © Medical Education sp. z o.o. License allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
Address reprint requests to: Medical Education, Marcin Kuźma (email@example.com)
2. Savini G, Schiano-Lomoriello D, Balducci N. Visual Performance of a New Extended Depth-of-Focus Intraocular Lens Compared to a Distance-Dominant Diffractive Multifocal Intraocular Lens. J Refract Surg. 2018; 34(4): 228-35. http://doi.org/10.3928/1081597X-20180125-01.
3. Breyer DRH, Kaymak H, Ax T et al. Multifocal intraocular lenses and extended depth of focus intraocular lenses. Asia Pac J Ophthalmol (Phila). 2017; 6: 339-49.
4. Bourne RRA, Jonas JB, Bron AM. Prevalence and causes of vision loss in high-income countries and in Eastern and Central Europe in 2015: magnitude, temporal trends and projections. Br J Ophthalmol. 2018; 102(5): 575-85.
5. Ajibode HA, Fakolujo VO, Onabolu OO et al. A community-based prevalence of presbyopia and spectacle coverage in Southwest Nigeria. J West Afr Coll Surg. 2016; 6: 66-82.
6. McDonnell PJ, Lee P, Spritzer K et al. Associations of presbyopia with vision-targeted health-related quality of life. Arch Ophthalmol. 2003; 121(11): 1577-81.
7. Assi L, Chamseddine F, Ibrahim P. A Global Assessment of Eye Health and Quality of Life. A Systematic Review of Systematic Reviews. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2021; 139(5): 1-16.
8. Kanclerz P, Toto F, Grzybowski A. Extended Depth-of-Field Intraocular Lenses: An Update. Asia Pac J Ophthalmol (Phila). 2020; 9(3): 194-202.
9. Artal P, Manzanera S, Piers P et al. Visual effect of the combined correction of spherical and longitudinal chromatic aberrations. Opt Express. 2010; 18: 1637-48.
10. Savini G, Balducci N, Carbonara C. Functional assessment of a new extended depth-of-focus intraocular lens. Eye. 2018; 33(3). http://doi.org/10.1038/s41433-018-0221-1.