Main Article Content
The value and location of angles alpha (α) and kappa (κ) in the eyes diagnosed with hyperopia, qualified for premium class lens implantation were subject to evaluation. 67 patients, 101 eyes with hyperopia ranging from +0.5 Dsph to +10.62 Dsph were included into the study. For both angles, α and κ, their most common location is in the inferior temporal quadrant, followed by the superior temporal quadrant. A statistically significant correlation was observed between the value of angles α and κ and the range of hyperopia. In each case the angle value was examined using the iTraceTM analyser.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright: © Medical Education sp. z o.o. License allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
Address reprint requests to: Medical Education, Marcin Kuźma (email@example.com)
2. Piracha A. Using angle alpha in premium IOL screening. Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today. 2016 March: 24-6.
3. Bonaque-González S, Jaskulski MT, Carmona-Ballester D et al. Influence of angle Kappa on the optimal intraocular orientation of asymmetric multifocal intraocular lenses. J Optom. 2021; 14(1): 78-85. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.optom.2020.07.004.
4. Goto S, Maeda N. Corneal Topography for Intraocular Lens Selection in Refractive Cataract Surgery. Ophthalmology. 2021; 128(11): e142-52. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.ophtha.2020.11.016.
5. Jung HH, Ji YS, Oh HJ et al. Higher order aberrations of the corneal surface after laser subepithelial keratomileusis. Korean J Ophthalmol. 2014; 28(4): 285-91. http://doi.org/10.3341/kjo.2014.28.4.285.
6. Cywinski A. The Influence of Angles Kappa and Alpha and Pupil Size on Vision after Implantation of Soleko Evolve and Lucidis Lenses with a “Pure” EDOF Structure. J Ophthalmol Adv Res. 2021; 2(2): 1-12.
7. Sivakumar S, Sivakumar R. Angle kappa in myopes and hyperopes and it’s role in multifocal lens implantation. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2019; 60(9): 516.
8. Devgan U. Angle alpha, angle kappa play role in good IOL centration. Ocular Surgery News. 2021.
9. Cywinski A. Usefulness of Itrace in Diagnosing Unclear Cases of the Deterioration in Visual Acuity. Congenital Lens Dysfunction as a New Disease Entity. Preliminary Reports. J Bioscien Biomed Engin. 2020; 1(3).
10. Moshirfar M, Hoggan RN, Muthappan V. Angle Kappa and its importance in refractive surgery. Oman J Ophthalmol. 2013; 6(3): 151-8. http://doi.org/10.4103/0974-620X.122268.
11. Prakash G, Prakash DR, Agarwal A et al. Predictive factor and kappa angle analysis for visual satisfactions in patients with multifocal IOL implantation. Eye (Lond). 2011; 25(9): 1187-93. http://doi.org/10.1038/eye.2011.150.
12. Wang R, Long T, Gu X et al. Changes in angle kappa and angle alpha before and after cataract surgery. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2020; 46(3): 365-71. http://doi.org/10.1097/j.jcrs.0000000000000063.