Main Article Content
Treatment of non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer is a radically new option for cancer patients. Novel anti-hormonal therapy not only improves metastasis free survival but overall survival times and positively impacts quality of life. This case shows how apalutamide lowered tPSA level and postponed metastatic disease.
Copyright: © Medical Education sp. z o.o. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/), allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
Address reprint requests to: Medical Education, Marcin Kuźma (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Smith MR, Saad F, Chowdhury S et al. Apalutamide Treatment and Metastasis-free Survival in Prostate Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 1408-18. http://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1715546.
3. Hussain M, Fizazi K, Saad F et al. Enzalutamide in Men with Nonmetastatic, Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 2465-74.
4. Fizazi K, Shore N, Tammela TL et al. Darolutamide in Nonmetastatic, Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 1235-46. http://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1815671.
5. Hofman MS, Lawrentschuk N, Francis RJ et al. Prostate-specific membrane antigen PET-CT in patients with high-risk prostate cancer before curative- intent surgery or radiotherapy (proPSMA ): A prospective, randomised, multicentre study. Lancet. 2020; 395: 1208-16. http://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(20)30314-7.
6. Afshar-Oromieh A, Holland-Letz T, Giesel FL et al. Diagnostic performance of (68)Ga-PSMA -11 (HBED-CC) PET/CT in patients with recurrent prostate cancer: Evaluation in 1007 patients. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017; 44: 1258-68. http://doi.org/10.1007/s00259-017-3711-7.