Main Article Content
Idiopathic tumor lysis syndrome is a rare complication in the course of neoplastic disease. This condition requires an interdisciplinary therapeutic procedure. The presented case of spontaneous tumor lysis syndrome in the course of malignant large B-cell lymphoma describes an effective therapeutic approach in this type of cases.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Copyright: © Medical Education sp. z o.o. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/), allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
Address reprint requests to: Medical Education, Marcin Kuźma (email@example.com)
2. Lahoti A, Kantarjian H, Salahudeen AK et al. Predictors and outcome of acute kidney injury in patients with acute myelogenous leukemia or high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome. Cancer. 2010; 116(17): 4063-8.
3. Bedrna J, Polcák J. Actuary ureter closure after irradiation with x-rays for chronic leukemias. Medizinische Klinik. 1929; 25: 1700-1.
4. Cairo MS, Bishop M. Tumour lysis syndrome: new therapeutic strategies and classification. Br J Haematol. 2004; 127(1): 3-11.
5. Crittenden DR, Ackerman GL. Hyperuricemic Acute Renal Failure in Disseminated Carcinoma. Arch Intern Med. 1977; 137(1): 97-9. http://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.1977.03630130065016.
6. Jasek AM, Day HJ. Acute spontaneous tumor lysis syndrome. Am J Hematol. 1994; 47: 129-31.
7. Lotfi M, Brandwein JM. Spontaneous acute tumor lysis syndrome in acute myeloid leukemia? A single case report with discussion of the literature. Leuk Lymphoma. 1998; 29: 625-8.
8. Kobayashi D, Wofford MM, McLean TW et al. Spontaneous tumor lysis syndrome in a child with T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2010; 54(5): 773-5. http://doi.org/10.1002/pbc.22384. PMID: 19998467.
9. Hsu HH, Huang CC. Acute spontaneous tumor lysis in anaplastic large T-cell lymphoma presenting with hyperuricemic acute renal failure. Int J Hematol. 2004; 79: 48-51.
10. Sile S, Wall BM. Acute renal failure secondary to spontaneous acute tumor lysis syndrome in myelofibrosis. Am J Kidney Dis. 2001; 38(4): E21.
11. Rampello E, Fricia T, Malaguarnera M. The management of tumor lysis syndrome. Nat Clin Pract Oncol. 2006; 3(8): 438-47. http://doi.org/10.1038/ncponc0581.
12. Larson RA. Tumor lysis syndrome: prevention and treatment. UpToDate. 2019; 1-22.
13. Trifilio S, Gordon L, Singhal S et al. Reduced-dose rasburicase (recombinant xanthine oxidase) in adult cancer patients with hyperuricemia. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2006; 37(11): 997-1001.
14. Wang LY, Shin LY, Chang H et al. Recombinant urate oxidase (rasburicase) for the prevention and treatment of tumor lysis syndrome in patients with hematologic malignancies. Acta Haematol. 2006; 115(1-2): 35-8.