In addition to hazel pollen, alder pollen causes allergy symptoms in subjects suffering from early spring allergies. The study consisted in the analysis of the concentration of Alnus pollen in the air of 12 Polish cities: Bialystok, Bydgoszcz, Cracow, Kielce, Lublin, Olsztyn, Piotrkow Trybunalski, Sosnowiec, Szczecin, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Zielona Gora. The research was carried out in 2022. The volumetric method and Burkard or Lanzoni samplers were used. The pollen season was determined with the 95% method. The onset of the season was recorded earlier in the west of Poland than in the east of the country, i.e. between January 30th and February 18th. The season ended between March 23rd and April 3rd. The maximum alder pollen concentrations were determined in between February 14th and March 16th. The highest concentrations of alder pollen were detected in Kielce and Piotrkow Trybunalski, while the lowest values were recorded in Bialystok and Szczecin.
Utwór dostępny jest na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa – Użycie niekomercyjne 4.0 Międzynarodowe.
Copyright: © Medical Education sp. z o.o. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). License (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/), allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
Address reprint requests to: Medical Education, Marcin Kuźma (email@example.com)
2. Seneta W, Dolatowski J. Dendrologia. Państwowe Wydawnictwo Naukowe, Warszawa 2007.
3. Weryszko-Chmielewska E, Rapiejko P. 2007. Analysis of Alnus spp. pollen seasons in Lublin and Warszawa (Poland), 2001-2007. Acta Agrobot. 2007; 60(2): 87-97.
4. Piotrowska-Weryszko K. The effect of the meteorological factors on the Alnus pollen season in Lublin (Poland). Grana. 2013; 52: 221-8.
5. Rapiejko P, Lipiec A, Wojdas A et al. Threshold pollen concentration necessary to evoke allergic symptoms. Int Rev Allergol Clin. 2004; 10(3): 91-3.
6. Ziello C, Sparks TH, Estrella N et al. Changes to airborne pollen counts across Europe. PLoS One. 2012; 7: e34076.
7. Mabberley DJ. The Plant-book: A Portable Dictionary of the VascularPlants (Fourth Edition). Cambridge University Press, 2017.
8. Malkiewicz M, Puc M, Stacewicz A et al. Alder pollen season in selected cities of Poland in 2019. Alergoprofil. 2019; 15(1): 22-6.
9. Malkiewicz M, Piotrowska-Weryszko K, Puc M et al. Alder pollen season in selected cities of Poland in 2020. Alergoprofil. 2020; 16(2): 25-30.
10. Rapiejko A, Malkiewicz M, Wolski T et al. The analysis of alder pollen season in selected cities of Poland in 2021. Alergoprofil. 2021; 17(4): 38-43.